Below are 7 areas which people often forget to protect from the sun and can cause serious sunburn and skin damage...
1. Ears: Have you ever had blistering, peeling ears? Well, it's pretty painful and not a good look. Don't forget to apply sunscreen on your ears, the upper area and behind them.
2. Eyelids: It's a very delicate area, where the skin is sensitive and thin. Category 3 sunglasses will help protect the eyes as well as a wide brim sun hat.
3. Hair line and hair part: The top of the head is an area where the sun's rays hit hard.
4. Back of neck: Getting a sunburn in that area can be prevented by wearing a collared shirt, applying sunscreen and a wide brim hat or a hat with a flap at the back.
Wide brim sun hats and legionnaire style sun hats provide good coverage and protection against the sun's UV rays. They will keep your face, ears, hair part and hair line protected. Favour a wide brim sun hat to a cap as it will provide you with more sun protection.
5. On top of the feet: If you're swimming or walking in the water along the beach, remember to reapply sunscreen when out of the water.
6. Under straps: Straps, clothing and swimsuits move throughout the day. Take special care and apply sunscreen not only to the areas around your clothing and swimsuits, but directly underneath them too. Favour clothing that covers large areas of the skin to minimise this problem.
7. Back of the arms, legs and under arms: Wear sun protective clothing that block UVA and UVB rays and covers those areas otherwise, remember to apply and reapply sunscreen regularly.
An easy, comfortable and reliable way to stay sun safe is to wear Solbari. The UPF rating is for fabrics what SPF is to sunscreen. You can think of a UPF50+ fabric rating as the equivalent to wearing SPF50+ sunscreen all day long without the need to reapply. Our stylish products keep you protected so you can enjoy your day in the sun in confidence.
The SOLBARI Team
This blog post is for information purpose only
At SOLBARI we encourage individuals to enjoy the outdoors while protecting themselves from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays.
One way to protect yourself is with SOLBARI sun protective clothing. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, sun protective clothing is the single most effective form of sun protection for the body.
SOLBARI sun protective clothing is a great way to shield your skin from the sun's ultraviolet rays, which harm the skin and account for around 85% of melanomas and 95% of non melanoma skin cancers.